If you’re an ecommerce business, then you know that accuracy and efficiency are keys to your success. Barcode scanners offer one of the most efficient ways to do this, and they can save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
- How Datalogic barcode scanners help in ecommerce businesses
- The Different Types of Datalogic Barcode Scanners and what each is best for
- Selecting the right Datalogic barcode scanners for your ecommerce businesses
- Benefits from the deployment of Datalogic barcode scanners in ecommerce businesses
How Datalogic barcode scanners help in ecommerce businesses
Datalogic’s line of rugged and intuitive barcode scanners is a great way for your ecommerce business to streamline its processes. Here are just some ways that these high-quality scanners can help you
- Receiving and Restocking
Barcode scanners can be used throughout the receiving process, from verifying that the product matches the purchase order to instantly updating inventory information.
2. Picking and Packing Orders
When it comes time to pick orders, barcode scanners can again be used to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Once orders are picked, barcode scanners can also be used to verify that all items are included in the shipment before it leaves the warehouse.
3. Shipping, Returns, and Cycle Counts
By scanning the barcodes on packages, shippers can verify that they are including all of the items specified on the order. Similarly, when customers return items, barcode scanners can be used to verify that all items are accounted for and that inventory records are updated accordingly. Finally, barcode scanners can be used in periodic cycle counts to quickly and accurately confirm that inventory records reflect actual quantities on hand.
The Different Types of Datalogic Barcode Scanners and what each is best for
If you’re in the market for a Datalogic barcode scanner, you might be wondering which type is right for your ecommerce businesses. Datalogic barcode scanners can be divided into three major categories:
Stationary Industrial Scanners
These scanners are designed to handle large volume scanning with ease. Some of the features you’ll find in a stationary industrial scanner include a Matrix 320 innovative platform and sensor with outstanding Field of View (FoV) and Depth of Field (DoF), and an AV900 High performance 9MP camera with integrated image processing system.
When you need to scan barcodes in confined spaces, you need a mobile computer that is designed for mobility. The Skorpio X5 fits the bill perfectly. With its large 4.3″ high visibility display, it is easy to see even in the most cramped quarters. And with Memory K, you can increase your efficiency throughout the store by running multiple apps simultaneously.
Handheld scanners are a great choice for anyone who needs a portable scanning solution. They are lightweight and easy to use, so you can take them wherever you need to go. Popular handheld scanner models include the PowerScan 9600, which features smart batteries, diagnostics, and a HandScanner that improve productivity and cut scan times by an average of 4 seconds.
Selecting the right Datalogic barcode scanners for your ecommerce businesses
There are a number of things that you need to consider when selecting a barcode scanner for your ecommerce business. These include:
- The nature of your business – If you have a retail store, then you will need a scanner that can be used for scanning products at the checkout counter. If you have an online store, then you will need a mobile scanner that can be used for scanning products while they are being shipped.
- The type of products that you sell – If you sell clothes, then you will need a scanner that can scan UPC codes. If you sell books, then you will need a scanner that can scan ISBN codes.
- The volume of sales – If you have a high volume of sales, then you will need a scanner that can handle large volumes of data quickly and efficiently.
Benefits from the deployment of Datalogic barcode scanners in ecommerce businesses
Whether you have a small business or a large enterprise, if you are in the ecommerce space, then you know how important it is to have a streamlined and efficient logistics operation. Here are some benefits that ecommerce businesses can enjoy by deploying Datalogic barcode scanners.
1. Increased accuracy and efficiency – By automating the process of scanning and tracking inventory, you can free up your employees to focus on other tasks, and you can also reduce the chance of human error.
2. Streamlined operations – By automating tasks such as scanning and tracking inventory, you can eliminate obstacles and maximize efficiency. In addition, by using Datalogic’s advanced software solutions, you can further streamline your operation by integrating your barcode scanner with your other business systems.
3. Cost savings – Integrating your barcode scanner with your other business systems can further reduce costs, as well as eliminate the need for duplicate data entry.
If you are looking for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your eCommerce Businesses, then consider deploying Datalogic barcode scanners. Our team can help you get set up with the right equipment so that you can start scanning products and streamlining your checkout process. Contact us today, Datalogic is here to help make your business more efficient!